Our Vision & Mission
The Center for the Blind is the General Council of the Assemblies of God ministry to the Blind under the auspices of Assemblies of God Home Missions - Intercultural Ministries. We are the parent ministry for the Whitney Library for the Blind and the Adriene Resource Center for Blind Children. This is a "faith based ministry" that has to raise its own support. You can make a contribution to CftB by mail or online. Read our vision and mission statements below.
Our Vision That the Blind may experience...
- Freedom In Salvation
- Book of Hope in Braille
- Descriptive 'Jesus' Video
- Assortment of tracts in Braille, large print and on cassette
- Joy In Belonging
- Resources and training packs to promote Blind friendly churches
- Sunday School materials in Braille and on cassette
- Fulfillment In Living
- Periodicals, devotionals and other resources for discipleship and Christian living
- Braille and cassette lending library
- Honor In Serving
- Berean University courses
- Teacher guides
- Leadership training materials
- To produce quality, contemporary Gospel presentations for the Blind, and to find creative ways to make them available.
- To promote Blind-friendly congregations through awareness, education, and training materials, and to help these congregations provide materials accessible to the Blind.
- To increase the quality and quantity of Christian books, periodicals, and discipleship materials available to the Blind.
- To provide Berean University courses, and leadership training material to equip the Blind for Christian service.
- To develop and produce quality, contemporary Christian literature for Blind children and children of Blind parents using the latest techniques in Braille, combination medias (Braille and large print, cassette and tactile, etc), and tactile graphics (feelable pictures).